To rent from AIM Rent A Car, Hirer(s) will agree at the time of rental to; accepting the rental agreement, contract terms & conditions in conjunction with this website guide or other durable medium provided.
Definitions for the purpose of this agreement: ‘Lessor’ means AIM Rent A Car and its designated agents. ‘Hirer(s)’ means the persons, firm, or organisation by or on behalf of whom the vehicles are rented. ‘Vehicle’ means Vehicle described overleaf including, tools and accessories, ‘charge period’ means original agreement start date/time to the agreed end date/time.
1. The Lessor agrees to rent and the Hirer(s) agree to take and return the vehicle under the Terms and Conditions as set out herein on both sides of this agreement.
2. The Hirer(s) acknowledges that the Lessor is not responsible for loss or damage to property carried on or in the vehicle, indirect and unforeseeable loss, damage or delays and/or consequential loss from breakdown or accident.
3. The Lessor’s vehicle will not be used or driven;
a) by any person or Hirer(s) not named and authorised by the Lessor under this agreement as stated overleaf, whose driving licence is restricted or suspended.
b) under the influence of alcohol, narcotics, barbiturates or drugs
c) in the event of mechanical, electrical or structural failure or damage where further damage might thereby be caused.
d) in a manner that would breach the insurance policy under which the vehicle is operating or in contravention of any Road Traffic Act or Construction and Use Regulations.
e) to propel or tow any other vehicle or trailer.
f) for the carriage of passengers for hire or reward, or any unlawful purpose, for racing, pace-making, speed-testing, or driving tuition or to carry a number of persons, baggage or weight of goods which would cause the vehicle to be overloaded.
g) outside the British Mainland of England, Wales and Scotland without the express agreement in writing, of the Lessor.
4. The Lessor’s arranged insurance cover for the Hirer(s) is provided under the terms, conditions and limitations of the insurer’s policy, (copy may be inspected at the Lessor’s head office), including the Lessor’s restrictions:
a) The Lessor will provide cover for damage to the vehicle by the Hirer(s) acceptance of the Collision Damage Waiver (CDW) item as stated overleaf.
b) The Lessor will provide cover for the theft or loss of the vehicle and/or its parts by the Hirer(s) acceptance of the Theft Protection (TP) item as stated overleaf.
c) Hirer(s) acceptance of CDW and TP does not cover any damage, theft or loss of/to tyres, wheel rims, windscreens, keys, remote locking devices, interior trims/seats or audio equipment. Every occurrence of damage, theft or loss (even if it is not the Hirer(s) fault) to or from the vehicle and or third party claims, will incur an excess charge as stated overleaf, which is not refundable in whole or part.
d) Hirer(s) accept responsibility for damage, loss or theft to the Lessor’s vehicle as a result of abuse, wilful act, negligence including but not restricted to keys left in or with the vehicle, caused by their servant or agent. Hirer(s) will be liable to pay on demand the cost of repair or replacement of the vehicle and its accessories, loss of income, administration charge, and third party costs.
e) Hirer(s) accept responsibility for damage to the roof or upper part of the vehicle, damage to the inside of the vehicle or cleaning more than the Lessor’s standard cleaning process.
5 The Hirer(s) acknowledge and constitute their irrevocable and continuing authority that, the Lessor is entitled to charge any credit, debit or charge card organisation account nominated for the rental in effect, for any charges due to the Lessor pursuant to this agreement. Hirer(s) acknowledge and agree to be jointly and severally liable for acts and omissions under this agreement and for all monies payable hereunder
6. The Hirer(s) will not pose as an agent, or employee of the Lessor.
7. Where the Lessor has provided credit facilities to the Hirer(s), all charges, fees, expenses, loss or damage to the vehicle, including payment for loss of income revenue, become due at the Lessor’s demand. If the Hirer(s) do not pay all charges when due, interest will be added on a daily basis to any amount outstanding, at the rate of 8% above the prevailing base lending rate of the HSBC Bank, including but not restricted to any collection costs, including the Lessor’s legal costs.
8. The Hirer(s) are liable for all penalties, civil or traffic offences committed during the period of rental, including, but not restricted to, parking tickets, clamping fines, compound charges, bus lane fines, zone charges, including any charges incurred due to the vehicle being seized. By either The Custom & Excise or the Immigration Authorities. If these remain unpaid, they will be charged to the Hirer(s), together with an administration charge (as overleaf) for each offence processed including any restoration charges and loss of income whilst the Lessor cannot rent out the Vehicle.
9. Hirer(s) may provide their own Comprehensive Insurance policy, (COI) for the Lessors vehicle, provided there is satisfactory proof of the policy in place. Hirer(s) are responsible for any excess on their policy and for ensuring the vehicle is properly insured from the time of delivery until the Lessor has inspected the vehicle at the end of the rental, and indemnifies the Lessor against any loss incurred or damage to the vehicle including all third party claims. In the event of an accident, damage, loss or theft to the vehicle, the Hirer(s) will remain financially liable, on demand for the settlement of all of the Lessor’s costs if the Hirer(s) arranged insurance policy fails in whole or part. The Lessors may at their discretion accept payment from the Hirer(s) insurers, although ultimate responsibility is with the Hirer(s).
10. In the event of an accident, damage, loss or theft to or from the Lessors vehicle, the Lessor will undertake repairs or select a repairer if applicable and will charge the Hirer(s) for such repairs and any associated costs. Such charges will be subject to payment on demand. The Hirer(s) are responsible for the cost of such repairs, (even if it is not the Hirer(s) fault), including loss of income, whilst the Lessor cannot rent out the Vehicle or if the vehicle has to be replaced for any reason, until the date a replacement vehicle is delivered to the Lessor.
11. Hirer(s) are liable to replenish fuel in the vehicle to the level supplied (as overleaf). If the vehicle is delivered and or collected from the Hirer(s), the Hirer(s) are liable for the cost of the fuel used. Replenishing fuel to that originally supplied is charged at the Lessor refuelling rate (as overleaf)
12. The Hirer(s) agrees to look after the vehicle and;
a) operate the vehicle such that the correct levels are maintained for engine oil, coolant, screen wash and automatic transmission fluid (where applicable) and to check road wheels are secure and tyre inflation pressures are maintained throughout the period of rental.
b) ensure the vehicle is secure, locked and the immobiliser/keys are removed when unattended, taking all reasonable precautions to prevent loss or damage to the vehicle, its tyres, tools, accessories, equipment or contents.
c) in the event of accident, damage, loss or a fault developing to the vehicle and or its security immobiliser/keys, to notify the Lessor at once, not use the Vehicle whilst it is in an unroadworthy condition and permit essential repairs, servicing or maintenance.
d) Furthermore, in the event of an accident/incident with the vehicle, Hirer(s) acknowledge and agree:
1) to protect the interests of the Lessor’s insurance company:
2) to make no admission of liability
3) to obtain names, addresses and telephone details of all involved, including all witnesses.
4) to notify the police straight away if people or animals are injured, or there is disagreement over who is responsible
5) not to abandon the vehicle without making adequate provisions for its safety and security.
6) to notify Aim Rent A Car straight away by calling the number (as overleaf)
7) to provide a report detailing the date, time and place, diagram including vehicles, people, roads and road names to the Lessor within 24 hours
e) to return the Lessors vehicle to the place on the date and time set down overleaf or sooner if the Lessor demands, in the same condition as received by the Hirer(s). (Vehicles left at the Lessor’s office outside office hours remain on rent and are the Hirer(s) responsibility up to the Lessors next working day, and until the Lessor can take possession). The Lessor will inspect the vehicle notifying discrepancies to Hirer(s) before ending the rental.
f) that when the Lessor has agreed to collect the vehicle, and the Hirer(s) have confirmed the vehicle is available for collection, the vehicle remains on rent and the Hirer(s) responsibility, including, but not restricted to a suitable place to allow collection of the vehicle free of obstruction at any time. When the Lessor has possession of the vehicle an inspection will be undertaken and any discrepancies notified to the Hirer(s).
g) to pay the Lessor on demand under provisions (7), the rental charge period, extension of the charge period (extension incur an additional per day charge [original agreed charge period total divided by the number of calendar days = 1day]), all item charges due under this agreement, including any Lessor’s losses and expenses plus Value Added Tax (VAT), Government taxes or other levies applicable.
The Lessor reserves the right to terminate the rental upon breach of the terms and conditions by the Hirer(s). If this agreement is breached, Hirer(s) consent that personal details and information provided to the Lessor can be shared. The Lessor may give the Hirer(s) personal details to credit reference agencies, the Driver & Vehicle Licensing Authority (DVLA), Customs & Excise, the Police, debt collectors, and any other relevant organisation. The Lessor may also give the Hirer(s) personal details to the British Vehicle Rental and Leasing Association, who may pass the details on to any of its Members for any purpose stated in the Data Protection Act 1998.
The Lessor has maintained the vehicle to at least the manufacturers recommended standards and undertakes that the vehicle is roadworthy and suitable for renting at the start of the rental period.